How to place your Solar Panels step-by-step
1. Remove all solar panels from their boxes. Set aside the boxes as they will be used in the instructions to follow.
2. Using the solar panel boxes, plan the layout of the panels on your RV rooftop. Once you have positioned the boxes.
- Placement of the panel(s) should be as close together as possible. Each panel has 3.3’ of cable coming from the junction box. It may be necessary to use solar panel extension cables. If required, longer extension cables can be purchased. Please contact customer service at 1.866.247.6527 to purchase.
- Select a location where the mounting surface is at least 1/2” thick and strong enough to support the solar panel mounting hardware.
- Solar panels should be located a minimum of 3’ from the front of RV to reduce wind load on the panels.
- Avoid internal wiring when selecting the solar panel mounting locations for drilling the mounting holes.
- Ensure fixed obstacles, such as air conditioners, will not shade the solar panels. (Shading can greatly reduce the performance of the solar system).
- Ensure there is enough room to access the panels and other fixed obstacles for future inspection and maintenance.